Our Community Development Services (CDS) aide the individual to develop and maintain skills related to community integration through participation in community-based activities with people without disabilities. Freedom Associates Inc. Community-based activities offered through CDS may include, but are not limited to the individual’s participation and engagement in:
- Activities which facilitate and promote integration and inclusion in the participant’s chosen community; including identifying a path to employment for a working age participant (ensuring to follow the Department of Labor Guidelines);
- Travel training;
- Self-advocacy classes and activities;
- Local community events;
- Volunteering within a non-profit organization whose mission the participant’s supports
- Performing a paid or unpaid internship.
- Transportation to, from, and within activities.
If you see this setup beneficial for someone whom you know has special needs, kindly make a referral today. We’re more than willing to serve them.